NORTHWESTERN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

Northwestern Memorial Hospital was created September 1, 1972 by the consolidation of two of Chicago’s oldest established hospitals – Passavant Memorial (founded 1865) and Wesley Memorial (founded 1888).

Bringing together these respected institutions created what was then the Midwest’s largest private, non-profit hospital. For the past three and a half decades, Northwestern Memorial has continued to meet the ever-changing healthcare needs of the Chicago area, expanding facilities, adding clinical programs and providing service to the community. Our association with Northwestern University dates back more than a century, and as the primary teaching affiliate for the Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern Memorial is recognized as a leading hospital in advancing patient care, education and research.

Northwestern Memorial Hospital’s reputation as one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers continues as we develop additional world-class facilities and expanded clinical programs with our academic partner, Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine. The former Passavant and Wesley sites were redeveloped as part of a comprehensive campus master plan in conjunction with Northwestern University. The Robert H. Lurie Medical Research Center has expanded biomedical research at the Feinberg School of Medicine and Prentice Women’s Hospital, opened in late 2007, is a state-of-the-art facility supporting patient-focused care in an environment of comfort, privacy and comprehensive care for patients, families and visitors.

Building on a history of compassionate care and clinical excellence, Northwestern Memorial is forging a stronger partnership with its campus.

312.926.2000
251 E Huron St
Chicago, Illinois 60611
www.nmh.org